A no-nonsense gift guide for women
There is a Royal Birthday coming up on Monday the 15th of January and one wouldn’t want you to stress over coming up with the perfect present. Here is a list of Real Queen of Stuff-approved gifts, guaranteed to delight your Queen (and possibly other women too).
There’s something for every budget but don’t be afraid to splurge – remember that giving offers greater pleasure than receiving.
(ideas listed in (approx.) ascending value)
Theoretically a recommended pool to fish for presents, I have mixed feelings about gifted fashion items. Unless you know me well, avoid this category. Nevertheless, certain classic objects of desire are as follows:
- A DVF Jeanne Two Silk Jersey Wrap Dress (in my size though!)
- 12cm heel sandals (if you know your brands)
- A Louis Vuitton Alexandra wallet (apparently they have stopped it but you can get me a Clapton or Sarah instead)
- A (red) Seraphina Bra & Tie Side from Agent Provocateur
- Lady Dior bag in black patent cannage calfskin
You literally CAN’T fail with opting for a beauty gift. Practically anything is welcome. Current objects of desire include (but not limited to):
- Nail polish by Essie
- Anything Nip & Fab
- (almost) anything from The Ordinary.
- Any Moroccan Oil hair product
- Anything from Nars / Mac / Bobbi Brown
- A Nurse Jamie UpLift™ Massaging Beauty Roller
- Sedu Icon Interchangeable Curling Iron
- A bottle of YSL’s Supreme Bouquet perfume
- A Dyson Supersonic™ Iron/Fuchsia Hairdryer
- An all-in Spa Day
I love art but (due to being an art professional have absolute and direct access to it, therefore) not really keen on art gifts.
(Very welcome) Exceptions include:
Not really big on tech (boring) so preferably steer clear of this category.
(Meh) Exceptions include:
- Huawei smart phone (a pink gold P10 or gold Mate 10 perhaps)
- Free intel on how to create and market PDF books
- Free intel on how to create an auto-responder online course
- Rose gold Macbook
An excellent but tricky category since I will most likely need you to join me for the ride. So, before proceeding, ask yourself: do I want you with me?
- Take me to a nice food truck anywhere to share adventurous street goodies
- Lunch at El Tambor in Colombia (should move a couple of places down the list if tickets to get in and out of there must be included)
- Dinner at any Hix restaurant, London
- A weekend to see Aurora Borealis (aka the Northern Lights), wherever the best view is at the time of travelling
- 3-night stay at Hotel Splendido Portofino, Italy
- 5 days somewhere exotic (Fidji / Maldives / whatever) in a hut surrounded by water
- 2 week long, all expenses trip to London (all expenses = including shopping, dining and the likes)
You cannot go wrong here, even if you pick one blindfolded.
- 0.38mm Gel-ink ballpoint pens from Muji
- The Blade Artist book by Irvine Welsh
- The School of Life’s 100 Questions card games
- Flowers (suit yourself – the featured ones are from McQueens, London)
- An Every House membership at Soho House
- An Everose Gold, Black & Pink Dial Rolex Oyster 40mm Cosmograph Daytona
- Black Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet (doesn’t even need to be 4S)
- Love (no known link to buy from)
LIABILITY WAIVER: I understand the imminent risk of ending up with a lifetime supply of Muji pens and Essie nail polish, and it is just fine. As long as you throw a little love in the mix.
P.S.: AK are my initials and I am turning 47