Gifts fit for THE Queen
Back by popular demand, the annual gift cheat-sheet to relieve you of the stress of coming up with a Queen-worthy present. The following list consists of fail-safe, pre-approved gifts that will win you points and delight your favourite Royalty.
Please note that your Queen is very considerate: Due to the global crisis this year’s list doesn’t feature 6 zero gifts. Ranging from free to only a few Ks, there is something for everyone.
Don’t be afraid to go wild though: (we all know) the greatest joy lies in giving.
Overall prefer to do my fashion shopping myself, if you insist however,
- I will be needing a new LV bag sometime soon. Preferred models are Graceful MM (pivoine interior) or a Neverfull MM (rose ballerine interior)
- Fluffy, cuddly bathrobe, preferably in pink
- Another pair of Aussie Soles Starfish orthotic thongs – best flip flops ever (Black/White or Navy/Sky Blue or Purple/White ones. Or just buy all 3 of them)
- Enamel Bangles: Florence London, Hermès and Tiffany, all sit great
- Tiffany Paper Flowers Rectangular Sunglasses
- A pair of Christian Louboutin Catchy Two pumps in nude
Constant objects of desire & there is something for all budgets.
- Somebody get me the L’Oréal Paris Unlimited Mascara – I have been looking for it in Athens, Houston, Miami, even Charleston US, to no avail. What is happening with this product? I want it.
- In the same vein, I still need the YSL Supreme Bouquet perfume but it seems to have disappeared from the market. One of Lancome’s Ouds – frustratingly also not available in Greece – could make for a fine sub, but I don’t remember which one (Ôud Bouquet? Ôud Ambroisie? L’Autre Ôud?), so just smell them all and go for the one that reminds you of me (you know – the sexiest one).
- Emu Oil body cream
- Anything from The Ordinary is still a great bet
- Batiste XXL Volume Spray
- FARSÁLI Jelly Beam highlighter
- Make-up items are always welcome – I am currently particularly obsessed with make ups & concealers
- Cutting edge anti-ageing products & beauty gadgets too
- Massage & Beauty treatment vouchers, highly desirable
As usual not really in need of art gifts due to existing overabundance of them.
- I will happily accept an art gift from you if you are the artist. Bonus points if it is my portrait.
- Ben Eine print / painting, preferably the “A”
- Yoshitomo Nara anything
I have either acquired or outgrown last year’s TECH gift suggestions and I tend to find other types of gifts more interesting. There are a couple of things I’d enjoy though.
- Explain to me how the Huawei Health app works
- Give me a yearly subscription to Mark Manson‘s website
- Teach me some actionable SEO moves
and more importantly:
- SOMEBODY PLEASE FINISH MY WEBSITE
An all-time favourite category, offering endless choice. Note: The following entries are suggestions. The infinite international variants of them are equally welcome.
Ideas to get the ball rolling:
• Take me for Lunch at Restaurant Nathan Outlaw
• or Dinner at the Aqua Shard
• Pass me your air miles (especially if you are s Star Alliance member)
• Long weekend getaway, destination: luxury SPA (e.g. here)
• 10-day all expenses paid US Shopping trip (including shopping allowance) for one
• Couples trip to Eleuthera, in 100-star boutique hotel (e.g. here), but you have to provide the partner too
OTHER GIFTS – Softcore & hardcore GIFTS
If you are bored of going the extra mile OR, by contrast, want to tattoo your name inside my heart, here is your category:
Ranging from free to priceless:
– The subtle art of not giving a f*ck (original version, no translations please)
– The 4-hour workweek (I know, I am a little late to the party with this one)
– Anything introducing interesting / new concepts on personal & professional development
– just buy MY BOOK and we’ll call it even
- Any School of Life card games
- Go wild and adopt a stray dog, then take loving care of it
- Small yet cool bike, complete with riding lessons
- I REALLY want this ring (fear not, it is not an engagement ring) but if you are a cheapo this one will also do. Don’t try your luck with anything lesser though – I already have the silver one.
- LOVE made last year’s list and still features as a premium gift (still don’t know where you can get it from)
- Speaking of, bring me back XRISTIANOS – I want to marry him
NOTE: Unless you are a certified expert on Royal taste stick with the list and try not to improvise 😀
All hail the Queen.
P.S.: The Royal Birthday is coming up on 15 January and YES I am turning 48.
Still too young to bother growing up for real.